Improving our environmental performance across the forest industry brings both challenges and rewards. We seek to facilitate speakers and delegates to share successes and learnings among peers across a range of forest management companies for large and small forest estates.
Environmental Forestry 2023
This event brings together key technical and management people from industry and government. It is designed both for people with boots on the ground and those planning operations to meet policy requirements.
Case studies will focus on the challenges we face in improving environmental performance. This event will engage forest company professionals, regional councils and those involved in national environmental standards.
The programme delivers case studies on ways to improve outcomes for managing production forestry operations as well as opportunities for networking. For 2023 we will deliver new topics and technical content based on previous delegate feedback and consultation.
We plan to include a range of case studies across the forest production cycle from harvest planning to post-harvest audits and impact assessments. Best practices and recent developments will be discussed through shared learnings among industry professionals. A cross-section of forest operations will be included in the range of professional presentations.
The conference agenda will appeal to regional council staff and management from forest company professionals, from small to large forest companies as well as regulatory and policy staff from local councils, Ministry for Primary Industries, NZ Forest Service and the Ministry for the Environment.
- Keynote Address / Overview / Background / Scene-Setting
- Slash Management – From Challenge to Opportunity
- Case Studies and Best Practices
- Focus on Specific Operations and Woodlots to Meet Standards
- Technical workshops planned expand the learnings and neetworking available from this event
Email Scam Warning
Large events are increasingly the target of scammers who offer to sell our attendee list to people like you. Please note we will NEVER sell or provide your contact details to any third party. If you receive an email offering to sell you an event list, please don't reply and delete it immediately.
Who Will Attend?
- Environmental foresters from large and small forest management companies
- Senior operation managers from forest companies
- Regulatory and compliance staff from regional councils and local government agencies
- Staff from both policy and management groups at national government agencies
- Owners and senior operations staff from forest engineering contracting companies
We are working closely with a wide range of New Zealand, Australian and international companies, service suppliers, researchers and government bodies to develop a strong and innovative programme. If you have any questions, please contact John Stulen on firstname.lastname@example.org or (+64) 7 921 1381.
Sponsorship & Exhibition Opportunities
The Environmental Forestry conference offers a tremendous opportunity for companies involved throughout the forestry sector. Exhibition spaces are always at a premium. FIEA has a well-deserved reputation of providing both sponsors and exhibitors with a unique platform for promoting their products and services to the industry in BOTH New Zealand and Australia.
We always receive strong interest in the sponsorship and exhibiting opportunities available. For a full range of sponsorship, exhibition and branding options, please contact Gordon Thomson, Marketing & Sponsorship Manager, (+64) 7 921 1384 or (+64) 27 275 8022, email@example.com.
Rotorua, New Zealand
Distinction Hotel Rotorua
390 Fenton Street, Rotorua, New Zealand
With its beautiful garden setting and located just minutes from the city centre, Distinction Rotorua Hotel is the perfect place to relax and unwind after a big day at the conference. After the event, this hotel is also a great base to enjoy the wealth of attractions and activities Rotorua has to offer. Free car parking is available at the venue, however, spaces are limited and hotel guests take priority.
Special accommodation rates are available:
- Superior Hotel Room: $150.00 incl. GST (per room per night based on single, double or twin share occupancy)
- Deluxe King or Twin Hotel Room: $180.00 incl. GST (per room per night based on single, double or twin share occupancy)
- Junior Suite $220.00 incl. GST (per room per night based on single or double share occupancy)
- Executive Suite $240.00 incl. GST (per room per night based on single or double share occupancy)